Forsaken - WoW guild

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Rodent
Moarxfag
droppedmyjaw
7 posters

Droppedmyjaw 60 Fire Mage

droppedmyjaw

Droppedmyjaw 60 Fire Mage Empty Droppedmyjaw 60 Fire Mage

Post by droppedmyjaw Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:09 pm

Have you read and understood the guild rules, and can you attend raids with our current raid times?: Yes
    Can you listen on Ventrilo? Yes
    Can you speak as well? Yes.

Character name: Droppedmyjaw
    Class: Mage
    Talent spec(s) you are applying with: Fire (current spec aimed for casual pve + pvp " target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=11215875_Cool
    Relevant stats: 101 sp + 64 fire damage

Raid experience: In retail, I cleared MC, AQ20 & ZG. On this server I have only tried ZG's Venoxis which was completed successfully. Other experiences are mainly from another private server called cWoW. There i cleared full MC-BWL-AQ20 and did a few of AQ40's bosses. (AQ40 - Prophet, Bug Family, Princess, Ouro, Twins... I think that was all of them.)

Class/spec experience: Been playing on loads of private servers since wotlk was launched and killed WoW, played basically all classes. Been playing a fire mage for quite a while now, still improving my skills by doing PvP though.

Do you know anyone in Forsaken, and if so, who? I don't really know anyone on this server to be honest, I and three other friends recently joined this server.

What kind of person are you? I am mostly a quiet, easygoing person. Although I do have a short fuse for people trying to be smart about skipping mobs and wiping a raid/group several times because the leaders don't want to take all the adds. I have been known to be very helpful when it comes to helping out in dungeons/farming certain items/mats.

Why do you want to join Forsaken? Because I'm looking for a serious and social guild and most of the people that I have asked certain things about this server come from . (Asked some priest from Horde Gone Wild and that priest began trolling). I just feel that has a good reputation in this server with rather serious players.

What can you bring to the guild? What I can bring to the guild is a player that learns quickly and isn't as interested in gear as he in exploring the game content(Been such a long time!). I also know most of the tacts, I didn't mention it previously but I have done most of the world bosses.

Anything you want to add? I'm free most of the nights of the week but I will prioritize RL events over guild events, even if it costs me DKP. Any questions or something that you feel is lacking here, please do send me a message/comment.

Regards,

Droppedmyjaw.
    Moarxfag

Droppedmyjaw 60 Fire Mage Empty Re: Droppedmyjaw 60 Fire Mage

Post by Moarxfag Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:50 am

'A few bosses in AQ' - and then listing like almost every AQ boss before C'thun doesn't really sound realistic.
    Anyway, quite decent application, although we're more than full on mages.

Last edited by Moarxfag on Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:53 am; edited 2 times in total
    droppedmyjaw

Post by droppedmyjaw Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:36 am

So not accepted?

Droppedmyjaw
    Moarxfag

Post by Moarxfag Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:06 pm

Yes, and your gear is way too weak, good luck elsewhere.
    Rodent
    Rodent
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodent Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:52 pm

Moarx, you are not a class leader nor an advisor, so please don't go declining applications. It is not your place.

Droppedmyjaw, please await the mage class leader's or advisor's answer.

Rodent
    droppedmyjaw

Post by droppedmyjaw Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:27 pm

Oh, great!
    I know I have rather bad gear at the moment but I'm gearing up fairly quickly (144 spellpower now and should increase by another 30 whenever an enchanter with that ability comes online.)

Droppedmyjaw
    Flarg

Post by Flarg Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:57 pm

Well if searinox accept you. you get like 4/8 t2 in one month Very Happy our luck with mage loots have been so big atm Very Happy Tho i think mages are pretty full but wait for searinox answer anyway. good luck =)
    droppedmyjaw

Post by droppedmyjaw Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:36 am

Thanks for all the positive reactions.

I would also like to add that I did just above 250 dps today on a ZG boss, and should easily reach 300+dps by next weekend. I'm adding this since alot of the other applications that were posted by mages were sort of dismissed since they didn't have gear.

Droppedmyjaw.
    Moarxfag

Post by Moarxfag Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:50 am

Rodent, you don't know the situation at all, but anyway.
    Blastoff

Post by Blastoff Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:14 pm

We're still full on mages, your gear is still way below our average. I also can't take someone who brags about 250 dps when applying to a BWL farming guild seriously. My advice would be to get all BiS preraid gear, new spell ranks from AQ20 books and try again. Good Luck

Declined

Oh and flarg you know nothing about t2 drops ! look at all the lock loot :S
    Flarg

Post by Flarg Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:29 pm

Blastoff wrote:We're still full on mages, your gear is still way below our average. I also can't take someone who brags about 250 dps when applying to a BWL farming guild seriously. My advice would be to get all BiS preraid gear, new spell ranks from AQ20 books and try again. Good Luck

Declined

True :p but like all mages have over 4/8 t2 already Very Happy exept searinox who have skill over gears <3
    Blastoff

Post by Blastoff Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:35 pm

Flarg wrote:True :p but like all mages have over 4/8 t2 already Very Happy exept searinox who have skill over gears <3

Sear was 1 of the first to get 4/8, in fact he's the only one with 5/8 now lol.
    Flarg

Post by Flarg Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:37 pm

But last time i inspected him he didnt use any Surprised
    droppedmyjaw

Post by droppedmyjaw Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:19 pm

Blastoff wrote:We're still full on mages, your gear is still way below our average. I also can't take someone who brags about 250 dps when applying to a BWL farming guild seriously. My advice would be to get all BiS preraid gear, new spell ranks from AQ20 books and try again. Good Luck

Declined

I wouldn't say I was bragging, I just made a point that I had bad gear. I know all DD classes in BWL should have 450-500dps(exception: melee on Razorgore). Best DPS I have ever seen was a warrior doing 1k dps on Firemaw(Not a peak but after full fight). Secondly I kind of knew I was going to get declined, I just wanted to see what sort of reaction I would get and if I was declined forever. I'll go gear up and hopefully reach a way better DPS on boss-fights soon.

Thanks for your time,

Droppedmyjaw.
    Blastoff

Post by Blastoff Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:20 am

It was obvious you had bad gear from the first post, where you wrote your stats. 1k dps by a warrior on... firemaw of all bosses? *confused*
    Garahn
    Garahn
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Garahn Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:18 am

I can believe 1k dps from a warrior, but on Vael, not firemaw.
    droppedmyjaw

Post by droppedmyjaw Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:41 am

Blastoff wrote:It was obvious you had bad gear from the first post, where you wrote your stats. 1k dps by a warrior on... firemaw of all bosses? *confused*

Yeah, I suppose.
    That warrior was pretty insane, that main-hand sword from naxx and off-hand from Naxx, obviously well-geared.

Droppedmyjaw
    Nahe
    Nahe

Post by Nahe Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:09 am

Locked.

Since the application topic changed subject.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:25 pm