Forsaken - WoW guild

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Gretsch - Fire mage

Gretsch

Gretsch - Fire mage Empty Gretsch - Fire mage

Post by Gretsch Fri May 06, 2011 12:18 am

Hello there Forsaken. First of all, thanks for reading this. My name is Goran, and I'm applying with my mage.
    Secondly, I love the way you facerolled Ysondre the other day, reminded me of better times with this game. I was in a bush behind you stalking, but don't be afraid, it was as enjoyable for me as it was for you.

Have you read and understood the guild rules, and can you attend raids with our current raid times?:
    I have read your rules and bylaws, and the loot system which both sound reasonable and fair.
    However I couldn't locate your raid times anywhere. I might be blind, but anyway, if someone could point me in the right direction, I'll update the application.

Can you listen on Ventrilo?
    Of course.

Can you speak as well?
    Rarely.

Character name:
    Gretsch

Class:
    Mage

Talent spec(s) you are applying with:
    I'll go with deep fire - 17/31/3 - even though I'm using an elemental spec atm.
    In case I get accepted, I will respec to deep fire since it's the spec I've had best results raiding with.

Relevant stats: HP/Armor/Defense/Dodge/Block/Parry as tank, AP/Hit/Crit for physical dmg chars, SP/Spellhit/Spellcrit/MP5/Mana for casters. All unbuffed

+248 fire damage, +9% to hit with fire spells, 14.7% and 18.7% crit with Fireball and Scorch/Fireblast respectively, 5k mana. (Can sacrifice some +damage for mana, but with mana potions, crystals and Evocation, I can go all day.)

Raid experience: Which classic raids have you completed?
    Retail vanilla (Lightning's Blade EU with Mythic)
    UBRS15 (ah the times), ZG, MC, BWL, AQ20, AQ40 cleared. Did spider wing up to Maexxna (best attempt was 20 seconds into the final enrage, lol.), Noth, Razvious, Gothik and Patchwerk. Also downed all 4 Emeralds and Kazzak.
    Retail TBC (Shattered Halls EU then transfered to Sunstrider EU, also with Mythic)
    Kharazan, SSC, TK, Gruul, Magtheridon cleared. Did Kazzak and Doomwalker aswell. In BT I've done everything up to and including Teron Gorefiend. After that I quit retail, so I don't have any experience with SWP.
    Magic-WoW WotLK (with Virtus)
    Naxxramas 10 and 25, Ulduar 10 and 25, ToC 10 and 25, all clear. Don't remember what achievments to brag with, WotLK bored me. I vaguely remember it even though it's most "fresh".

Class/spec experience: How much experience do you have with playing the class and spec you are applying with?
    I've played a mage since I started retail and have rarely been using frost. I found it the most boring spec since it only relied on 1-2 spells in both pve and pvp. MC and BWL were a nightmare for me and I mostly decursed, kited and supplied water/buffs.
    When AQ came out, I got hooked. I spent hours in the game. Playing Fire in both PvE and PvP and enjoying it completely was just so good. I've kept using the same deep fire spec until TBC came out. In TBC, I didn't play nearly as much as I did in vanilla. I played mainly as frost since I've did arenas with 2 guildies who needed me to kite shit for them, but I'd respec to arcane/fire (without Dragon's Breath) to raid.

Do you know anyone in Forsaken, and if so, who?
    Yeah, I know Futakomori, with whom I've did some dungeons. He seems like a great guy. Also Birak, who crafted a Sageblade for me.

Why do you want to join Forsaken? Quite apart from being a good raiding guild, is there anything else about the Forsaken that has tickled your fancy? Have you heard of our humour, our insane officer staff, our mascot Viking? Why is it *Forsaken* that you want to join?
    Well, because Forsaken, as I see it, is a complete guild; not some 100 people sharing a guild tag. From what I read on the forums and see in the game, you are among the rare guilds on the server that, with all due respect, got their shit straight. I've played this wretched game since November 2005, and the only thing that keeps me going is being a part of a well organised, well played and well led guild. That's why I'm applying.

What kind of person are you? As in are you a humorous person, are you friendly, do you like the odd dungeon that you don't really need, just to socialize, what makes you *you* and not the guy next to you?
    Me? I'm flexible, I'm honest and talkative. I like to play the game socially. I spent many hours just exploring the world after Mythic stopped raiding before TBC came out, only because the guild chat was still active and people still logged on. I enjoy doing ANYTHING this game has to offer, as long as the atmosphere is enjoyable. I wouldn't be playing this game anymore, after all this time, if I had at any moment been playing it for what it is, a game.

What can you bring to the guild? Yes, we know you can bring another «insert your class and role here» to the guild. But what else? Are you the kind of guy that will help other guild members farm dungeons for items, would you help farm buff consumables for that big upcomming progression raid next weekend, do you have alts that can provide us with crafting items with CDs, anything like that.
    What I can bring to the guild at this point is a mediocre character and a whole lot of willpower. Saying I'll top the dps charts or that I'll never die, or that I'll never get distracted and do a dumb move is a lie, and I dislike lying. Of course I'll farm mats and shit for potions and flasks, yes. But I do that in any guild, for any raid. What you really want to know is am I just another WoW player or if I'm Forsaken material. I hope we'll find out.

Anything you want to add?
    Well, for what it's worth, those years I've spent playing and raiding with Mythic on retail, I've lead Mages, later on raids, did DKP, lead over Ventrilo and everything that goes with it. I've enjoyed doing both CL and officer work at the time.
    Also, I know everyone can come to your forums and say they've played WoW alpha and sound cool. But honestly, if I wanted to make stuff up, I'd write something more creative. I got some screenshots too if anyone's interested.

Well, there it is. I didn't want it to be another wall of text application but no matter how hard I try I can't condense it further.
    I hope at least, that it'll be an interesting read.
    Thanks for your time.
    Blastoff

Gretsch - Fire mage Empty Re: Gretsch - Fire mage

Post by Blastoff Fri May 06, 2011 3:15 am

Secondly, I love the way you facerolled Ysondre the other day, reminded me of better times with this game. I was in a bush behind you stalking, but don't be afraid, it was as enjoyable for me as it was for you.
    OMG, Stalker !

Let me start by saying what an awesome application this is. Rodent delete your example app and copy/paste this 1 Very Happy .You are quite undergeared, though, and I don't find it acceptable that you want to raid MC/BWL fire specced. But the main reason I have to decline you is cause we're so full on mages. We have 2-3 sitting out pretty much every raid, otherwise I'd be happy to invite you. But hey, stick around, things change with time. Catch me in-game if you have any questions/ just wanna chat Smile

For now,

-Declined-
    Gretsch

Post by Gretsch Fri May 06, 2011 10:02 am

Hey, I never said I'd raid MC/BWL fire specced. I just said I hate raiding as frost. I understand your situation with mages though.

Thanks for such a quick reply. Later. o/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:26 pm