Forsaken - WoW guild

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Searinox
Cremation
Garahn
7 posters

Old School Raiding Videos

Garahn
    Garahn
    Admin
    Admin

Old School Raiding Videos Empty Old School Raiding Videos

Post by Garahn Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:58 am

Just a forum where you can post some old school raiding videos.

This one I found earlier and I wanted everyone, but mainly healers to look at. Pay attention to the tanks health and the druids movements. While this probably isn't the best strategy anymore it is one to think about, and it's just great to see the coordination. Also notice the other druid with him. And the fire.

Garahn
    Garahn
    Admin
    Admin

Old School Raiding Videos Empty Re: Old School Raiding Videos

Post by Garahn Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:00 am

This is another one, of Nihilums World First on Kel'Thuzad. Pay attention to how the guild spreads out and to how much this fury warrior moves. During that fight there can only be a few melee at a time, but he takes every opportunity he can to land a hit. And towards the end, he slaps on a shield and tanks without a second though. This is how I want our dps to work.

Cremation
    Cremation

Post by Cremation Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:17 am

OMG, are you sure you weren't tanking in the first vid? Very Happy Funny to see another Tuaren with the exact same gear. Yaya, I know it's T1 and all, just funneh.
    Searinox
    Searinox

Post by Searinox Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:51 pm

Did Nihilum have a mage named Nme? Very Happy Also, already seen the 2nd vid before its awesome.
    Gotowned
    Gotowned

Post by Gotowned Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:54 pm

This Movie is from my Retail Guild on Twilights Hammer, aint in that now tho, dont play anymore anyways Razz

I wherent in that raid, but i where on the others Very Happy Even got killing blow Razz And! our MT was a Female Dwarf... and she was a female :O!
    Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Post by Aphrodite Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:36 am

GODDAMN IT

The first song on the second video, what's it called again? Got it on my head nao and need to quench the thirst </3

EDIT: Oh and yeah, something that I see the druid do in the first video is casting lower ranks of healing touch. I usually encounter people missing out on this as it is a great asset, and not just for druids.

And btw, it doesn't count as you are casting (in terms of mana regeneration) until you succesfully land a spell, right?

Last edited by Aphrodite on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cremation
    Cremation

Post by Cremation Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:39 am

Nihilum vs Kelthuzad - World First !
    Songs :
    Airwave - When Things Go Wrong
    Duderstadt - Muhanjala
    Gotowned
    Gotowned

Post by Gotowned Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:41 am

Another one Infected with that song on hes brain Very Happy Watched that about 100 times just because of the song Razz
    Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Post by Aphrodite Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:46 am

Cremation wrote:Nihilum vs Kelthuzad - World First !
    Songs :
    Airwave - When Things Go Wrong
    Duderstadt - Muhanjala

Thanks Crem, guess I was too tired to figure out to view the description.

Sorry for OT, btw
    Cremation
    Cremation

Post by Cremation Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:55 am

Aye, downranking as it's called, is extremely helpful for healers. I know me and Deus had a talk about this earlier. Not only does it help with mana problems, but cuts down on unnecessary overheals.

As for your other question, I'm not really sure what you're asking. I think he chooses to not land one to stay out of combat, which would help his mana regen, ofc.
    Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Post by Aphrodite Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:03 am

Cremation wrote:Aye, downranking as it's called, is extremely helpful for healers. I know me and Deus had a talk about this earlier. Not only does it help with mana problems, but cuts down on unnecessary overheals.

As for your other question, I'm not really sure what you're asking. I think he chooses to not land one to stay out of combat, which would help his mana regen, ofc.

Yeah, downrankning. Since there won't be many chances of getting the 100% heal out of a big heal, it's usually better to keep the flow with mini-heals.

Emm, not sure how to explain it. There is a kind of "condition" where you are accounted for "casting". When you are casting you do not get the mana reg of spirit, that's why mp5 is superior to spirit. So my question was if the condition of "casting" is when actually casting or when having finished casting.
    Cremation
    Cremation

Post by Cremation Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:19 am

Oh, you're asking about the 5 second rule of regen deal. Yeah I'm not really sure about that, since I don't really like healing and haven't bothered to research it.
    Garahn
    Garahn
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Garahn Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:15 am

I'm not sure if the casting time stops regen during it, but I do know that the 5 second cd on regen will not begin unless a heal goes off. I do however believe that Unless you complete a heal your mana regen will stay normal.
    Cremation
    Cremation

Post by Cremation Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:41 am

From WoWWiki:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Mana_regeneration

After a character expends mana in casting a spell, Spirit-based regeneration is interrupted for 5 seconds. This is commonly referred to as the five-second rule (FSR or 5SR).

Channeled spells are handled a little differently. The FSR starts when the spell's channeling starts; i.e., when mana is expended. The interruption continues for at least five seconds, and longer if the channeling takes more than five seconds. For example, Mind Flay channels for 3 seconds and interrupts regeneration for 5 seconds (from the moment the spell cast starts), while Tranquility channels for 10 seconds and interrupts regeneration for the full 10 seconds, but no longer.

So, from this it seems that it would be after you finish a cast.
    Vendetta

Post by Vendetta Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:26 pm

I recommend watching the video's of Devlin - AFGM

https://www.youtube.com/user/Devlinate

Especially C'thun part 1/2 and Thaddius clip is awesome.
    Garahn
    Garahn
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Garahn Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:35 am

He's an ancient video of the guild Axemen clearing MC in, get this, 70 minutes. Thats 1 hour and 10 minutes. Lets do this in the future, kthxbai!

[googlevideo]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8141516541768124170#docid=-7569845544566450274[/googlevideo]
    Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Post by Aphrodite Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:41 am

Garahn wrote:He's an ancient video of the guild Axemen clearing MC in, get this, 70 minutes. Thats 1 hour and 10 minutes. Lets do this in the future, kthxbai!

[googlevideo]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8141516541768124170#docid=-7569845544566450274[/googlevideo]

If this was WotLK I bet there'd be some lame achievement for that. Anyway yeah, that's about how long it takes for us to get to and down Mag...

Btw, is it just me or do they sound like Swedes/Norwegians?
    Gumby
    Gumby

Post by Gumby Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:31 am

The Axemen's speedruns in MC is so sick. Remember doing MC in 2-3 days,and they just bumrushed through!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 pm